From 28th of February until 15th of April, Sweek, an international platform for reading, writing and sharing stories are collecting stories of women, their achievements, strength, obstacles, courage or just their daily lives.
Your story can be on any topic, as long as it meets two rules:
1) the protagonist is female and
2) the story does not exceed 5,000 words (both prose and poetry, fiction and nonfiction are allowed).
You can write about some of the main issues that need to be addressed nowadays:
- Gender inequality
- The stereotypical division of domestic labour
- Violence against women and sexual harassment
- The Glass Ceiling (discrimination at a workplace)
- Image of women created by media.
These are just some examples, the topic is open!
How to Submit:
- Download the Sweek app or use the website:
Android app: http://bit.ly/SweekforAndroid
iOS app: http://bit.ly/SweekforiOS
2. Create an account or log in.
3. Upload your story by going to ‘My stories’ and ‘Start a new story’.
4. Publish your story with the tag #herstory in the tags section in Story Details.
Submissions close: 15th of April (23:59 CET)
Top 10 announcement: 24th of May
– All genres; poetry and prose; fiction and nonfiction
– The story can be maximum 5,000 words (can be less!)
– Top 10 stories will be bundled and published via Sweek self-publishing as well as will receive a free copy of the e-book.
– Global; jury members available in the following languages: English, Dutch, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Turkish
For more info on terms and conditions visit: